menu bar

Home Link Parties Pinterest Contact
Photobucket

Thursday, July 26, 2012

No Reason Cakes

I don't bake often.  All of my cakes come from a Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe mix.  And my baking pans are limited to 9" rounds and cupcake trays.

So when I was inspired to make a two tier wedding-esque cake last night, I was probably overreaching.  Especially because the cake was a surprise for my boyfriend.  And we're not engaged.

Friend:  Ummm, did you seriously just make a wedding cake for M?
Me: kinda, i guess
Friend:  What's next?  Are you going to surprise him with a Seating Chart?
 

Honey, I hope you like yellow cake, frosted with subliminal intentions!


The challenge for me was creating a ~5inch layer with only using a 9inch pan.  It was like that story of the shrinking paper heart: snip snip snip.  Also: umm hello? frosting the crumbly-cut side of a cake is a miserable task.

Cake finally assembled, and decorated with baby's breath and green hydrangeas that M picked me up earlier that day.  Add a last minute wooden dowel chopstick down the center, and I had my first ever two-tier layer cake.   I think it looks pretty snazzy. 

And jokes aside, M LOVED that I made him a cake, and he didn't even mention that it was suspiciously matrimonial.  :)

PS: there really were no subliminal intentions.  Just too much Pintrest lately.

No really.

Really.

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm your newest follower from the blog hop!

    Yay! I'm your 1st follower! (^_^)

    xoxo ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I could never make a two tiered cake, I am baking challenged! Stopping by from the Mingle blog hop and am now your newest follower:) Hope you can come check out Crazy Mama Drama !
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! This is hilarious and totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete